Welcome to ST Michaels School House
School House is situated in a pleasant Victorian house in the heart of the local community, boasting a secure all-weather large garden area and five themed indoor rooms the children can freely chose to play indoors or outside at all times.
St Michaels School House believes in the principle that “The right to play is a child’s first claim on the community, because play is children’s training for life. No community can infringe that right without doing deep and lasting harm to its citizens.”
St Michaels School House mission statement
All children will be respected and their individuality and potential recognised, valued and nurtured. Through School House we encourage tolerance, understanding and respect for all people. Adult led and freely chosen activities offer children opportunities to develop in an environment free from prejudice and discrimination. We aim to work in partnership with parents and to provide for any additional or social needs. We aim to provide a valuable service to the community through our charitable status.
- To enhance the development and education of children under statutory school age in a parent involved, community based group
- To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment
- To work within a framework that ensures equality of opportunity for all children and families
- A specially tailored curriculum leading to the outcomes of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Individual care and attention made possible by a high ratio of adults to children
- The support of a named key person
- Opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in the activities of the group and your child’s development